CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Saturday, September 6, 2008

Day +79 ( 1 hour til Day +80!!!!)

I want to start by saying I am sorry for not keeping up on the updates on Alicia. The further along we get the harder it is getting for me. I am still very strong but I am wearing down fast. I miss home more than ever and I am trying to keep what strength I have left to focus on Alicia. I know that there are so many people that care and are praying for Alicia so I am truly sorry for slacking on keeping everyone up to date on how she is doing.

Alicia just got another fever about an hour ago. They gave her Tylenol and took cultures but the cultures from the last fever are still all negative so I don't have much hope that there will be a reason for this one. She has had a couple of pretty good days. Her tummy seems to be settling down a bit since they took her off of NG feeds and TPN which they did four days ago but today she has not ate anything at all. I mean NOTHING!!!!!!!!!! I have a feeling tomorrow Dr Davies will start her back on feeds so I pray this does not start her tummy to hurting again. She is still having a very hard time walking. Her little legs have became so thin. I still make her walk at least once a day and I bought her a little big wheel for the RMH to work on gaining her strength back in her legs so I hope that helps.

We are set to be discharged again on Wednesday the 10th. ( Nicholas's Birthday!!!!!!!!!) I decided this time not to tell Alicia just encase we don't which is what has happened the last two times.

Good News..... A wonderful friend referred Alicia to be featured in one of the news letters for "A Caddy For a Cure" and I was contacted yesterday by Russ Holden and he did a little story on Alicia and she is being featured in the nest news letter. I cried when I read what he had wrote, I am not for sure when it will come out but it should be soon. Caddy for a Cure does a Huge fund raiser and donates alot of the money to help research with FARF. It was such an Honor for Alicia to be featured.

Please pray that this fever does not hang around like the rest. And I will update tomorrow as soon as I talk with Dr Davies.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As always, you guys are in my prayers. Thinking of you... Love, Dianne

Anonymous said...

Oh I hope that fever goes away for good!!!!!!!!!!!
These words have always comforted me. Praying.
Psalms 50:15 And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.
Prayer Bears

Charisse said...

Hi Michelle,
I totally understand your tiredness. It has been a long hall for you both!
I am also sorry to hear about, yet another, fever. We are still covering you guys in prayer.
Love Charisse