CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Monday, September 22, 2008

Day +95

Well today is the start of a new week and that means a new doctor in rounds. I don't know if I was just tired or if the doctor seen the frustration in my face when I went out in the hall o hear what he had to say. But needless to say I think I my finally be getting some answers I hope.

I basically just told him that I am very very tired and all I want is some answers as to what is going on with my baby. I told him that we have been doing the same things for months only lowering some and raising some meds and taking some away only to add them back and I am tired of it.

He then asked me what I wanted and I told him I want to know what is wrong and I want a plan to fix it and I want to stick with the plan long enough for it to work!!!! I then told him that I want to know if it is still the GVH that is causing her all of the tummy pains and all of the poop because we have been treating the GVH for months and I do not see any change at all. I told him I wanted another scope done to see if the GVH is getting any better or getting worse and if there was something else going on inside also. I told him that if it was still the GVH then I want a plan that will treat it better and I want to stick with it. I told him if she had broke her leg she would of had a cast on for nine weeks. They would not take off the cast every week and try to have her walk only to find out she did not have enough time to heal and put it back on. I am just so very frustrated and I want Alicia better.

So I got my way. The scope is set for Wednesday morning. I should have answers finally by Wednesday night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally feel a little hope again I just hope that this will be the beginning to healing my baby. I might be wrong and what they are doing might be what needs to be done but at least I will have a little peace and trust back on my side. Please keep praying for Alicia.

6 comments:

Charisse said...

It is always very important to be assertive with the doctors, Michelle. I am proud of you! I really believe that doctors cannot do this on their own and that the parent or grandparent or guardian is involved in the child getting better just as much as the doctors. I look forward to hearing about the results of Alicia's scope. We are still praying for her.
Love Charisse

Lynn said...

Oh I hope you finally get some answers!
Still here...still praying!
Romans 8:35, 37 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
Prayer Bears

Anonymous said...

Sending out lots of prayers, for some answers and solutions. Love, Dianne

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Michelle! Tweaking the meds to get the right balance is a key in healing! It seems frustrating but it will take time to get the answers. Praying the tests results are for the better! Keep those docs in line! Bravo!

Anonymous said...

good for you.. staying on the doctors butt and putting your foot down for alicia will only make thangs get done faster and hopefully you'll get the answers you are lookin for. kiss my baby for me

Lynn said...

Praying right now!
Romans 8:38-39 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Prayer Bears