CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Friday, September 26, 2008

Day +99

Alicia is doing GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The results came back from the biopsy and it looks like the GVH is gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Her skin is looking a little better also.

But the best news over all is this afternoon Alicia went to therapy in a wheel chair and I was sitting in the parent lounge when she got back and I heard her little voice. I turned around and Alicia was walking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She was not holding on to anything!!!!!!!!!!!!! She was standing up straight and she looked wonderful. I seen my baby again. i was sooooooooooo happy. She said to me look MeeMa my legs are all better and strong now. I about lost it. I will never forget that moment.

My sister Denise is back in the hospital. Her incision is infected and she is in a lot of pain. She might have to delay her trip here in a couple weeks. I hate that I can not be there to help her. She has been so good to us and has helped alot since we have been there. Please keep her in your prayers.

Our friends Samantha Mccarthy and Abby Patterson are also still in need of prayers. Samantha had a seizure last night and was moved to the ICU. Abby is still in a lot of pain and has not eaten in five days. Please keep them in your prayers.

Hopefully Alicia keeps doing so well and this is truly her time of healing. This is a very long journey we have taken and I am so very proud of Alicia.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear things are going well! Love, Dianne

Anonymous said...

It's great to hear that Alicia is doing better. Keep walking and make those legs even stronger Alicia. We will continue to pray for you.

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news! Can't believe tomorrow is day 100, though....
Know that I'm praying so at this end!
Revelation 7:16-17 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.
Prayer Bears