CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Day +89

GOOD NEWS!!!!!!!! The ultra sound came back and everything looked normal, her liver numbers are coming down and the rest of her organs look to be fine. I was so happy to heat that and that leads me back to where I keep saying it is the GVH.

She got an extra dose of the med for GVH last night. It is an infusion that takes about four hours and they have to monitor her vitals very closely, every 15 to 30 minutes and the infusion start at 12:45 am so it was a very long night. I did not mind though because hopefully this will make Alicia start feeling better.

Her skin is looking a lot worse to me though. She is peeling so bad that her shirt is sticking to her skin and coming off when I take her shirt off. She is such a strong little girl she doesn't even cry. I bathed her with just warm water this morning because I didn't want to irritate her skin anymore than it is, but just my luck I must of washed her little legs to hard because she got petichai spots all over them. I swear I was very gentle.

She is asleep now due to the benadryl she just received before they give her platelets. Today her platelets were down to 25. They usually let her go a little lower than that but she had a little blood in her stool last night so she will get platelets today instead of tomorrow. The rest of her counts look very good. Her HBG is 11.7 and her WBC is 8.1 and her ANC is 7.09.

Denise is recovering very well. This morning she was texting me and not making much since but her husband told me they have her on some very good pain med so I am sure she is a little loopy.

4 (3 1/2 ) days til Mommy and Daddy. Erika called this morning and she is very excited. Hopefully Alicia will be feeling a little better so we can take her to the RMH for a couple of hours.

Please keep Anthony Negrin in your prayers tonight and tomorrow. He will be getting his 3rd transplant. He has FA also and me and his mom have became close. Also keep all of the other BMT patients here in your prayers with or without FA. Hannah, Nas, Blake, Issabelle, Kendra, Ryan, Albert, Tana, Stacy, Brandon, Tana and all of the rest. And we can not forget my girl ABBY!!!! even though she is not inpatient she still needs our prayers.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing the good news!! Dianne

Charisse said...

That is wonderful news about her ultrasound! Yay!
It will be great when mum and dad arrive!
Love you,
Charisse

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm still here praying!
Isaiah 25:8 He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.
Prayer Bears

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm continuing to pray in Seattle!
1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
Prayer Bears

Anonymous said...

Hi Alicia,

I bet you are excited for your Mom and Dad to arrive this weekend! You have a family full of love!!! Dianne