CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Day +75

I can not believe that we only have 25 more days until Alicia's 100 day mark. And here we are still fighting this battle and the light went out again.

Alicia had a very bad night. Her temp is rising no matter what they give her. Dr Davies has ordered a chest x-ray and has put a halt on all of her feeds. I am not sure just what is going through Dr Davie's head but she is the best and I have 100% trust in her. She has also ordered blood cultures and stool samples which have not came back yet with results. She also has started her back on two Antibiotics and had mentioned in rounds that it is very likely that the bacteria is still in Alicia and maybe it is in her pic line now.

Alicia is sleeping right now. I am packing her in ice to try to cool her down but it is not working. I have not slept a wink last night.

So we are now doing the waiting game once again, and the light that was shining bright at the end of the tunnel has once again been turned off. I will let everyone know what we find out just as soon as I know something.

Please pray for Alicia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! am sooooo worried again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

NOOOOOO... my light has also gone out with yours, i will pray for our angel every second of free time that i get. tell her i love her and i love ya too shel, you are not alone..love Crystal

Anonymous said...

Praying...praying...praying. Dianne

Karen BeTheChange said...

Oh no! Poor pookie!! I hope she's feeling better soon (what IS that darn bug?!) and hope you're able to get some good rest...she needs you well and rested :)

Anonymous said...

Praying for Alicia and you that soon you will have all the answers and that Alicia will be on her way to full recovery.
Love the pictures....please, you need to focus on the good times to get you through the not so good times.

Lynn said...

So sorry she's having problems again!
So many are in need of peace these days. Praying right now!
Psalms 4:8 I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety.
Prayer Bears

Charisse said...

I am so sorry, Michelle. We are praying for this to stop happening. The photos from Alicia's pass were good. I am really glad she had such a good time.
Tomorrow night is our group prayer meeting and we will pray for Alicia then as well.
Love Charisse

Anonymous said...

The light is still there...just a big bug blocking it for now! We'll continue praying that the BIG exterminator will zap it into "Never bother Sweet Pea Land" forever!
"I see the SON! I happy!"
Blessings and Bear Hugs

Lynn said...

Know that I'm here praying!
Psalms 86:12-13 I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore. For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell.
Prayer Bears