CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Monday, September 15, 2008

Day +88

Alicia is still having major issue's with tummy pains. Go figure the one day she is finally asking for food I can not give her any. She has Been NPO since this morning because they are going to do an ultrasound on her liver in about an hour. I am relieved about that so maybe now I will get some answers as to wha tis going on with her liver. As soon as that is over she is asking for pudding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank goodness she is asking for food.


Her weight went down even more today, I do not know how much more wieght she can afford to lose. She is still not able to stand on her own. She is sooo weak and very little. Hopefully they can find out what is going on so she can build some strength.


There is a new doctor on rounds this week. She seemed concerned with the way Alicia's GVH rash is looking. I hope she can shed some light as to why it is looking so bad, I hae a picture that i will post at the end of this update but it is kinda bad so anyone can chose to see it if you would like if not I understand, ( Teresa you might want to see it before Emma does cause it does not look that good) It does not hurt or itch Alicia it is just not very good looking.
4 days til Mommy and Daddy get here. Alicia talked to her Daddy and told him last night he needed to hurry and get here. It was so cute when she said it. I plan on sleeping Saturday away but when the day gets here I will probably be to excited myself to sleep but I promise everyone that I will take some much needed time to myself and maybe just take a walk or watch a good movie without the sounds of beeping machines or nurse's coming in and out and NO bad news on that day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Denise just came out of surgery about an hour ago. My brother in law called and said everything went fine. I am so relieved about that. She has been on my mind all morning.
Well thank you everyone for all of your prayers, the potable ultrasound just got here so I will let everyone know as soon as I know something.
Here is the picture of her Rash.................

3 comments:

Charisse said...

Wow, that is a nasty rash! I am glad it doesn't hurt or itch and just looks bad. I will be keeping tabs to hear about the ultrasound results my love.
Love Charisse

Lynn said...

Oh what a mess...poor little thing!
Life in this world can look so bleak at times. But the victory is ours through Christ! Put your trust in Him! Praying!
1 Corinthians 15:54-57 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
Prayer Bears

Anonymous said...

I hope some answers and solutions come soon. With love, Dianne