CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Here we go again..........

Alicia had her clinic appointment today, the good news is she is starting to gain weight, her stools are loose again so I hope she doesn't start to lose is again. The part I am worried about though was her CBC. The Nurse, Paula, just called and said Alicia's white cell count is elevated to 22.3 and her Anc is elevated again to 19,000. This is always a trend for Alicia before she gets sick. They also said her Liver numbers are elevated again which also has me very concerned. They also did a CRP test which shows the inflammation in her body and it was elevated as well. I don't have good feelings about this, Please pray that this does not mean Alicia is getting sick again.


Last night was a horrible night for me, I was in so much pain that I barely slept. ( I haven't slept well in weeks) If Alicia gets sick this means more nights on those very uncomfortable beds at the Hospital. The last stay on those beds is when I ripped open my wounds. I am not concerned about myself as we all know. This is about Alicia and I just pray she is not getting sick. She acts fine right now but that is also the trend before the storm.


I am so counting the days before Denise gets here so I can concentrate on getting myself through this surgery which I am scared to death of.

Please keep Alicia in your prayers today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Mary Ann Gormley said...

Dear Michelle,

You both are in my prayers and will continue to be. I pray that Alicia will not get sick again and that you will be able to have your surgery and that both of you get on the road to good health.

Please God help Michelle and Alicia, they have gone through so very much and need you to bring them healing.

I hope that you find comfort in all of your FAmily thinking of you and praying for you.

Love, Mary Ann

Charisse said...

Dear Michelle,

we are praying that Alicia will not get sick again. What a rollercoaster you guys have been on.

My love, there is nothing wrong with being concerned about yourself either. You need to be concerned about your own welfare to get through all this. Healing works better when you give yourself some tender loving care. We are praying for you as you have this surgery. I pray that Jesus' arms will surround you and give you peace.

Lots of love,
Charisse

Anonymous said...

Michelle you HAVE to take care of yourself!!!!!!!!! You CANNOT split a gut again!
Stopping by to let you know that you're in my thoughts and prayers!
Psalms 121:1-4 I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the LORD, which made heaven and earth. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber. Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
Prayer Bears
My email address