CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Wednesday, August 6, 2008

DAY +49 (LIL UPDATE)

AS I WAS SAYING ALICIA WAS GETTING THE MED TO FINALLY MAKE HER BETTER (HOPEFULLY) AND I ALSO GOT MY MED TO MAKE ME FEEL BETTER. I SEEN ALOT OF FRIENDS THIS WEEK. I KAYLA AND WILL AND DONNA AND JEFF, NICHOLAS AND SPENCER AND JO AND JACY AND CAMERON AND TINA AND KEITH. I ALMOST CRIED WHEN I SEEN DONNA THROUGH THE DOOR. SHE HAS A MCDONALDS BAG WITH CHICKEN NUGGETS IN ONE HAND AND SOME FUDGE HER SISTER HAD MADE IN THE OTHER. IT WAS SO YUMMY, I WOULD SAY THAT I SHARED BUT I WOULD BE LYING. I HAD EERY INTENTION ON SHARING BUT THAT FIRST BITE WAS JUST SOOOOO GOOD.

PLEASE ALSO SAY AN EXTRA PRAYER FOR SAM MCARTHY. TODAY IS HER BIG DAY. SHE WILL BE GETTING HER NEW CELLS AND TOMORROW MY NEW LITTLE FIREND ABBY WILL GET HERS. ABYY'S 11 YEAR OLD BROTHER IS HER DONOR AND HE IS HERE TODAY FOR HIS BONE MARROW COLLECTION SO PLEASE KEEP ALL THREE KIDS IN YOUR PRAYERS.

2 comments:

Charisse said...

How wonderful, Michelle, to see some friends. How nice of Donna to bring that lovely food! Relax and enjoy their visit. (well you would have already because your day was while I was sleeping)
Love Charisse

Anonymous said...

Glad you're both feeling better!
Whatever you're going through, lift it up to the Lord. He's there to get you through it! Always praying!
1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
Prayer Bears