CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Day +69

Alicia got up very early this morning complaining about her tummy hurting. Dr Davie's says it is because they have raised the amount of tube feeds she is getting per hour but she is still saying it is hurting so we will see if her tummy can get used to it.

Well we got the "D" word again yesterday. I was sitting in the parent lounge and in walked Sally with a smile one her face. Sally is the Home Health Nurse who teaches us how to give our children the Iv meds they are sent home on. It has been a big joke with Sally and I when it comes to discharge. She is the one who had taught me everything the last time, over 45 days ago, when we were to leave. Everything thing she taught me way back when Alicia is not even on any more. One was the Cyclosporin which caused Alicia's Press and Seizures. Well needless to say Alicia's name is on the list again. I seen it with my own eye's. It does not say an exact date, it just says sometime next week. Dr Davies says either Wednesday or Thursday, I am sooooooo nervous. Dr Davie's also wants us to do a couple of trial runs before discharge so we a re getting our first pass this Saturday. Alicia nd I are going to the RMH from 2pm to 6pm. She is not allowed to go any where else which is toally fine with me. Denise and Kelli will be here this weekend also so I am so sure this will make Alicia very happy. I am nervous about having her around alot of people but Dr Davies said as long as it is just them and we stay in the room that it should be ok. I am still nervous though.

Denise is going to stay with Alicia Saturday noght so I can get some much needed "My Time" I will hang out with Kelli and the girls at the hotel and Sunday we are taling them to the zoo.

Alicia is asleep now so I better get in a nap while I can. Cross your fingers that this weekend goes well and this is our first step towards home.

8 comments:

Charisse said...

Hi Michelle,
we will be praying that things go well. It would be so nice to prepare for discharge again. I really pray that it happens this time!
Lots of love,
Charisse

Teresa said...

My fingers are crossed! We hope and pray that you guys are able to move to the next step and move on out...though, I imagine that has to be rather nerve-wracking;-) It's a good sign, though!

Hugs,
Teresa

Anonymous said...

I know it's scary but I think once you're out you'll do well and will get used to whatever needs to be done.
True comfort comes only from the Lord! Praying that the Lord will bless you with His comfort right now.
Psalms 71:20-21 Thou, which hast shewed me great and sore troubles, shalt quicken me again, and shalt bring me up again from the depths of the earth. Thou shalt increase my greatness, and comfort me on every side.
Prayer Bears

Anonymous said...

Hey It is GREAT News that you will be set free from the hospital!!!!
Do not worry everything will be fine. Michell you will do the thing we all do best...take care of our little ones.
I miss you both and will talk with you soon...I have tried to call but havent been able to get you.

Love and LOTS and LOTS of (((HUGS)))
Lori

Anonymous said...

Whooooohooooo! PTL! That is music to my ears but I'm sure you are a little nervous. Take one day at a time! Praying for a smooth transition!

Blessings and Bear Hugs,

ME said...

I am praying that you guys get discharged as planned and she is out of there and on the way HOME soon!
Tell Alicia I said "Thank You" for the picture and the note. I have it proudly displayed on my fridge!
((((HUGS)))) to both of you!
We love you,
Kayla

Anonymous said...

hey Alicia.. i have prayed for you every night.. ihope your tummy stops hurting and remember that uncle crystal loves and misses you very much.

Anonymous said...

Stopping by to let you know I'm still here praying!
Psalms 119:49-50 Remember the word unto thy servant, upon which thou hast caused me to hope. This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me.
Prayer Bears