CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Thursday, August 14, 2008

DAY +56 UPDATE

I WAS JUST TOLD 30 MINUTES AGO THAT THE INFECTION THAT WAS IN HER C-LINE THIS MORNING HAS MOVED INTO HER BLOODSTREAM. IT IS A BACTERIA CALLED ENTEROCOCCUS. SHE HAS HAD A FEVER FOR THE PAST FOUR HOURS AND HER HEART RATE HAS BEEN BETWEEN 180-230 FOR THAT LONG AS WELL.

THEY ARE PUTTING HER BACK ON VANCOMYCIN FOR ANOTHER 14 DAYS.

SHE HAS NOT LIFTED HER HEAD OFF THE PILLOW ALL DAY. SHE WILL NOT EAT OR EVEN TAKE A DRINK.

I SO HOPE TOMORROW IS A BETTER DAY FOR HER. I CAN NOT WAIT TIL HER MOMMY GETS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT WILL BE BETTER THAN ANY MEDICINE IN THIS WHOLE HOSPITAL.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and keeping prayers coming your way...My husband was in ICU a few weeks ago because of a STAPH infection in his blood. I know how scary this all is...Love, Marci

Teresa said...

oh my...so it's something that antibiotics can for sure clear up? You guys are in our prayers! Hang in there.

Love,
Teresa

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm sorry!!!!!!!!!! Praying so hard!
We have hope because of Christ and His resurrection!
2 Corinthians 4:13-15 We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore speak; Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you. For all things are for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving of many redound to the glory of God.
Prayer Bears

Charisse said...

Oh dear. We are praying my love. I pray that the antibiotics will get on top of this before it gets worse! Praying.
Love Charisse

Anonymous said...

Sending LOTS of prayers!!! Dianne

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and praying. I'm very sorry to hear this latest news.
Love, Mary Ann