CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Saturday, August 30, 2008

Day +72

Wish us luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today is the first day Alicia gets a pass. I am soooo nervous but I know I will do well. She is still saying her tummy hurts, they just gave her some med so hopefully it will kick in and make her belly feel better soon. We are leaving here and just going across the street at 2pm which is in two hours and my stomach feels like it has knots in it.

Well that is jst the beginning of why I am so nervous...... As everyone knows my sisters and neices are on their way here from Kansas, well they drove over 8 hours yesterday and the traffic was very very bad due to it beibg a holiday. They finally decided to stop somewhere called Pochahantis Illinois ( sounds like a fairy tale land to me ) Denise said it looked like something out of The Texas Chainsaw Masacre.

Anyway they got all settled in and Denise texted me and said she was having problems sleeping around 1am , I figured she was just excited so I went to sleep then around 3:30am she called me and said her chest was burning and it felt like she was having a heart attack and she was tingling all over so I told her to wake up my other sister and they called an ambulance and took her to the hospital in the nearest town away. After about an hour of being there and after some drink they had her drink she started feeling a little better and let her leave but they had no idea how to get back to the hotel. of course she left the gps there. It turns out that she had taken an antibiotic that was outdated which caused her to feel this way. I love my sis so much and she is going through so much just t get here to see alicia before she has her surgery next week

Needless to say they are back on the road again, They are about 3 hours out now and I can not wait to see them. I believe Denise is going to bring Kelli and the girls to the RMH where Alicia and I will be and then she will go check in at the hotel and take a nap before she comes back since she is going to stay with Alicia tonight. THANKS SIS

It is time to bath Alicia and get her ready for our Break out. I will let everyone knowhow it goes tomorrow.

4 comments:

Charisse said...

Hello Yet again,
well your sister has certainly had some dramas. I am glad it was not her heart or anything like that....and not an infection. It is good that they will be there soon. ENJOY your 4 hours OUT and ABOUT! It is so important to enjoy it. Good Practise! Can't wait to hear how it went.
Love Charisse

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear about your time out with the pass. Praying for the safe travels and arrival of your family for the visit.

With love, Dianne

Lynn said...

Hope you had a wonderful day with the pass!
Continuing to pray!
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Prayer Bears

Anonymous said...

It's Sunday and once again we read an amazing passage at church. Going to share the first few verses because they really hit home. Praying right now!
Psalms 86:1-7 Bow down thine ear, O LORD, hear me: for I am poor and needy. Preserve my soul; for I am holy: O thou my God, save thy servant that trusteth in thee. Be merciful unto me, O Lord: for I cry unto thee daily. Rejoice the soul of thy servant: for unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul. For thou, Lord, art good, and ready to forgive; and plenteous in mercy unto all them that call upon thee. Give ear, O LORD, unto my prayer; and attend to the voice of my supplications. In the day of my trouble I will call upon thee: for thou wilt answer me.
Prayer Bears