CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Monday, May 11, 2009

Alicia Hospitalized

******UPDATE******
Alicia is still doing the same. Her potassium will go up a little and then back down. She is still having diarrhea and she vomited tonight. Her magnesium and phosphorus are also very low. Please pray for all these Iv doses of potassium to take hold, as her levels are considered very critical!
Thanks again!
Krisstina



I spoke with Michelle a couple of times today and Alicia is in ICU. She has critically low potassium and they as of a few minutes ago she had been given 8 bolus's and 3 oral doses. It still will not come up. Her magnesium is low and she is getting that also. She is also trying to get another fever. They have said she will be in ICU for a little while. Please pray for her levels to come back up.
I will update as soon as I get more information.
Krisstina updating for Michelle!



This is Krisstina updating for Michelle, as Alicia was admitted to a hospital in Wichita this afternoon. She was admitted for critically low potassium, a very high white blood cell count, and is on the verge of a fever (100.3). She has been started on fluids. I am sure that Michelle will update as soon as she can.
Please say prayers for her!
Thank you for checking in on her.
Krisstina

10 comments:

Mary Ann Fiaschetti said...

Michelle,
We are praying fervently for Alicia. He has always heard our prayers for your sweet granddaughter and best friend before and we have faith that Alicia will pull through this too.
Big hugs to all of you,
the Fiaschetti FAmily

Teresa said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers... Get better Alicia!! Emma wants you out of the hospital and she misses you.

Hugs/Love/God Bless,
Teresa & Emma

Dianne said...

Praying....and thinking of you. Love, Dianne

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm so sorry! Hope she recovers quickly and will be back out home soon!
Praying right now!
Psalms 40:11-13 Withhold not thou thy tender mercies from me, O LORD: let thy lovingkindness and thy truth continually preserve me. For innumerable evils have compassed me about: mine iniquities have taken hold upon me, so that I am not able to look up; they are more than the hairs of mine head: therefore my heart faileth me. Be pleased, O LORD, to deliver me: O LORD, make haste to help me.
Prayer BearsMy email address

Dianne said...

Thinking of you...will check for an update later. Love, Dianne

Mary Ann Gormley said...

Oh Michelle,
I can't believe that Alicia is again hospitalized. She's been in my prayers nightly since the BMT and I thought "no news was good news". I'm sorry I haven't written sooner.
Please know that the prayers for Alicia are continuing and I hope that she will get through this very soon and be on her way to good health.
Thinking of you and praying,
Mary Ann

Dianne said...

SO sorry to hear that Alicia is in ICU. Praying...Dianne

rachel said...

Alicia,

You hang in there, girl. This is another great big bump in your road, but you have made it over sooooo many already, I know you can jump over this one, too.

Michelle,

You take care of yourself, too, hard as that can be. Sending you lots of love!

Krisstina,

Thanks for updating for us. You take care of yourself, too! You have you plate full again!

hugs,
rachel

Dianne said...

Hope you guys have a good night. I am sending good thoughts your way, and of course praying as well. Love always, Dianne

Anonymous said...

Oh poor little one!
When I read this passage and it speaks of enemies, my thoughts are that they aren't just people, but can also be applied to horrible diseases and even death. Know that I'm praying!
2 Samuel 22:2-4 And he said, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence. I will call on the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies.
Prayer BearsMy email address