CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Sunday, May 17, 2009

Colon infection

Alicia made it here safely. She is doing ok. She has a bacterial infection and obstruction in her colon. The doctor here says Wichita was trying to do the protocol for a normal patient, Which would be immediate surgery, a colostomy. This would not be the normal treatment for a FA patient. She has a life threatening infection. She is in danger and this must be taken care of carefully.

However, she is still acting very wild, just like her normal self. She is mad, because she is hungry and can not eat. (She has threatened the staff she is going to call Dr. Davies! It was very funny!) They have been told for about 3 weeks.

They are still running tests and Michelle or I will update again as soon as we can.
Thanks and keep praying
Krisstina

5 comments:

Elias! said...

Thank heavens for Dr.Davies and the FA staff @ Cincinnati! We are praying for Alicia and hope she gets well and back home very soon! Hang in there!

regina said...

I have been checking in on Alicia's progress and praying for you and your family......GO ALICIA!

Dianne said...

Sending lots of love. I am so glad you are back at Cincy where Alicia will get the care she needs. It is so cute that she threatened the staff she would call Dr. Davies. Alicia knows how to "pull rank" and I am glad she is feeling spunky.

Thinking of you all and praying, praying, praying. Dianne

Anonymous said...

Glad they made it there safely. And glad that Alicia still has a lot of fight in her! That's always good!
Still praying in Seattle!
Psalms 31:1-3 In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness. Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me. For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.
Prayer BearsMy email address

Mary Ann G. said...

Alicia's finally being in Cincinnati and her comments about calling Dr. Davies about eating are so good to read. Will continue praying and praying.