CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Another FA child


We would like to ask for prayers for a FA family here in Cincinnati. His name is Stacy, He is five. He was in transplant when Alicia was here, about a month after hers. They were next door neighbors at the Ronald McDonald House for several months. He has been given only hours to live and his parents are having a very hard time, to say the least. He went home about a week after Alicia to Kentucky. While at home, He got a port on Thursday, the site came open and got an infection in his blood (MRSA). He then got pneumonia and was placed on a vent. He was brought back to Cincinnati. It has quickly taken over his body and his body started shutting down. They were told today he has a brain bleed, which they can not find and do not know how long it has been bleeding. His parents Michelle and Mark are holding out all hope and just not ready to let go. They are going to try dialysis the last I heard. Please pray for them!!!
Michelle is having a very hard time with all this.


Update on Alicia - Her potassium and phosphorus dropped again! She is now getting more. All cultures are negative so far. So Michelle is still thinking maybe GVH!

Pray for her to keep the numbers up.
Krisstina

5 comments:

Kristin Young said...

My heart is just aching. I don't know what to say. I hope Stacy's body starts to heal and beats all that's going wrong. I am so very sorry.

Charisse said...

This is very sad. What can I say? I am praying.
Love Charisse

Rachel said...

FA STINKS. That's all I have to say. No, I have other words, too, but I'm trying my hardest not to write them here in public. My heart goes out to Stacy's family And to you and Alicia.

Anonymous said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry!!!!!!!!!!!
It's a blessing to be able to pray for your family!
Psalms 70:4-5 Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee: and let such as love thy salvation say continually, Let God be magnified. But I am poor and needy: make haste unto me, O God: thou art my help and my deliverer; O LORD, make no tarrying.
Prayer BearsMy email address

Dianne said...

Praying for all....Dianne