CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Saturday, May 2, 2009

Day +317

O my where to begin??? First let me start by saying I am sorry that I do not update like I used to. It seems like I can never find time now that we are home. I keep telling myself that I need to at least twice a week but time slips past me.


Well we just experienced our first fever at home. I must say that the hospital here was not as bad as I thought it would be. Of course I could not get the internet to wor so that is why I did not let everyone know. It started Wenesday night, just as soon as I gave Alicia her meds and she laid down in the bed she started throwing up. She had not been eating for three days prior to that so I was already on guard. She still has very very loose stools but they have been like that for a while now. It seemed like she was never going to stop. She even threw up her Ng tube also. That really upset her because she totally hates getting them put in. She kept trying to put it back in herself but I assured her it was ok and I finally got her settled edown and back in bed. The next morning on thursday Alicia did not have much energy and didn't want to get out of bed. I was already worried about the 13 meds she takes in the morning and with no tube that meant she would have to do them all by mouth. She actually did very well. She chased each med with juice and it only took her around 30 minutes to do them all. I was so relieved about that but I was still worried about the eating issue and no tube to give her feeds. After about an hour and she still didn't get up I went and checked her temp and sure enough it was 103.1. I contacted Cincinnati and Erika came and got us and took us to the Hospital. We didn't have to wait and the directly admitted her which was good. They started her on Antibiotics and drew blood for cultures which are still not back. She has not had a fever for two days so we got to come home. My fingers are crossed that something doesn't grow and we will hae to go back.


She still is not eating and I keep telling her she is going to have to get a tube if she doesn't. She has pinky promised that she will eat so we came home without a tube.

Thank you so much for all of your prayers and cross your fingers that this was just a tummy virus.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm sorry!!!!!!!! Hope she's better soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Always here praying!
Philippians 4:6-7 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Prayer BearsMy email address

Charisse said...

I am sorry that Alicia got a fever and was sick.
I am praying all is well and I am glad that the hospital was good :-)
Love Charisse

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Hope it is just a tummy virus, and Alicia is on the mend ASAP! :) Love, Dianne

Anonymous said...

Know that you're in my thoughts and prayers!!!!!!!!!
Philippians 4:8-9 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.
Prayer BearsMy email address

Anonymous said...

These verses are so comforting. Continuing to pray!!!!!!!!!
Revelation 21:1-4 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Prayer BearsMy email address

Anonymous said...

Still praying in Seattle!
2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace, Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.
Prayer BearsMy email address

Dianne said...

Hope you guys are having a great day! Thinking of you. Love, Dianne

Anonymous said...

Praying!
Psalms 91:1-2 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
Prayer BearsMy email address

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm here praying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Psalms 91:3-4 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
Prayer BearsMy email address

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day, Michelle!
Continuing to lift up prayers!
Psalms 91:14-15 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
Prayer BearsMy email address