CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Saturday, May 30, 2009

Alicia had her hearing test done on Thursday and her hearing has gotten worse. She has 75% loss. Alicia did so well during the tests!!!!!!!!!!!! Then a lady came in to talk to me about a Baha hearing aid. Alicia took another test with one on and her hearing went to 15% loss. I was sitting behind her where she could not see me so I whispered her name. i mean i really whispered and I about fell over when Alicia turned around and looked at me and said what....... SHE HAS TO HAVE ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are working now with the insurance to see if Alicia can get one. it was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Alicia also had an EKG/ECHO done on her heart and a scan done on her bones to check the density of them for any damage done by the chemo. Thursday they will do the Biopsy and also clean her ears to see if they can get a little of her hearing back. I am hoping to be home by her Year "Special day". Her Electra lites are still out of whack and Dr Davies still has to talk to her Pediatrician for a follow up plan back home so keep your fingers crossed!!!!

I will update more when the results start coming in.

6 comments:

Dianne said...

Thanks for the update. Thinking of you. Love, Dianne

Charisse said...

Sounds like that other hearing aide is wonderful. I hope you can manage to get one.
I am glad things are going well. Look forward to the next update.
Love Charisse

Anonymous said...

Praying!
Psalms 107:6-7 Then they cried unto the LORD in their trouble, and he delivered them out of their distresses. And he led them forth by the right way, that they might go to a city of habitation.
Prayer BearsMy email address

Anonymous said...

These words are so very special and full of comfort! Praying in Seattle!
John 14:1-3 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
Prayer BearsMy email address

Anonymous said...

Know that I'm here praying!
Isaiah 53:4-5 Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Continuing to lift up prayers!
John 1:12-14 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Prayer Bears
My email address