CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Saturday, May 16, 2009

Going to Cincinnati

Ok, so Alicia is coming back to Cincinnati tomorrow evening. She had an X-ray to check the feeding tube placement and they saw a bunch of air in her stomach. So they did a CT scan and found an obstruction to her bowel. They started her on antibiotics and a bunch of other things. She is doing ok and Dr Davies is watching as carefully as she can from here. They are constantly calling the hospital. She will safely be back in their care soon enough!

There in Wichita they were going to take her to surgery, they told Michelle she would probably come out with a colostomy, she said I am not signing anything until we speak with Dr. Davies. They called her and Dr Davies said no way, she is a no cutting zone. I will let Michelle tell you all more later.

Thanks for checking in.
Krisstina

4 comments:

Dianne said...

I continue to pray.....Thinking of you. I am SO glad you are getting back to Cincinnati. Love, Dianne

Anonymous said...

Thankful they didn't do the surgery in Wichita!!!!!!!
Am here praying!
Psalms 56:3-4 What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.
Prayer BearsMy email address

Charisse said...

OH My, I have missed all these updates but have still been praying. What a shock that the hospital were prepared to do surgery on her! I am glad that Cinncy is in control now! Still praying for Alicia and Stacey.
Lots of love,
Charisse

Mary Ann Gormley said...

Smart girl Michelle--am glad that you checked with Dr. Davies before you let them do any surgery. Am so glad to hear that Alicia's going back to Cincinnati where she can be taken care of by Dr. Davies and people who know her and her situation.
Continuing to pray and sending lots of love to both of you and also praying for little Stacy and his family.
Mary Ann