CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Sorrow but Sweet day........................


Yesterday was a very hard day for the FAmily. The loss of such a young and precious boy that was very very close to me. Stacy passed away and went to be with Jesus at 7:30pm last night. He breathed on his own for 30 minutes and The Angels took him from Michelle's arms . I talked to Michelle late last night and she was still with him til around one this morning just rocking him. She said the funeral home was coming for him last night so they are already gone. Please keep them in your prayers. The funeral home is called Barbourville Affordable Funeral Home...
Barbourville Funeral Home
410 Ky 3439
Barbourville Ky 40906
Michelle and Marks address if anyone wants to send a card is..................
Mark and Michelle Honeycutt
PO box 353
Girdler Ky 40943
There also is a web site that Krisstina started a virtual candle light ing in his honor. If you would like to light a candle please go to www.gratefulness.org and search under group named fanco. I would also like to remind everyone if possible please make a donation to the Fanconi Anemia Research Fund... with out the means of donations then a cure for this awful disease is not possible. Every cent donated is one step closer to funding research to find a cure to save these beautiful children's lifes!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please send donations to....
Fanconi Anemia Research Fund
1801 Willamette st Ste 200
Eugene Or 97401
You can send the donation in honor of Alicia's Reed if you would like.
Alicia is doing a little better. Yesterday they allowed her clear liquids only which made her a little happier, but today I believe she is paying for it. Her tummy is hurting and the stools have started up again. She had a total of three Popsicles, one jello, and a half of a cup of chicken broth. Today she will get only half of that if even that. Last night Alicia gave me 6 cents and asked me if I would please give it to the Doctors in the morning so she could have some Spaghetti. It was soooo funny. She was sooo serious also....They did another x-ray yesterday and the good news it did show a slight improvement from two days prior so hopefully we are moving in the right direction.
Today my grandson Jayshon turned 1 year old. I am so sad that I am not there to be with him!!!!!!! This time last year He was born and I had the same feeling I was letting him down as I do today. I h ave missed so much of both of my Grandsons lifes. I made a promise that after I see their sister through this that I will make it all up to him.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAYSHON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mee Ma misses you soooooooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Dear Michelle,

I know you miss being there for Jayshon's b-day, but you are helping his sister...and when he grows up he will ALWAYS appreciate that!!

Alicis such a sweetheart...and a very clever kid. The six cents story is priceless.

Thinking of you and praying for your whole family. Love, Dianne

Charisse said...

Awww, your grandson is beautiful! I know it must be very hard to miss his birthday. Michelle, you are such a selfless person being there with Alicia. You are an amazing person. You will always be remembered for your selflessness :-)
I am glad that Alicia is doing ok. The 6 cents story is cute. Sorry she is paying for her fluids that she had. Praying that she will get even more better.
Thanks for all the informaation on Stacy. It is all rather close to home.
Love Charisse