CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Thursday, June 4, 2009

SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK OK OK MOM AND KELLI............................. SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mom and my sister have been on my butt to update and I have been slacking again SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alicia is still doing fine except her poop is still very very bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Doc Davies said we will be here until she can get her tummy fixed. They are doing more tests so hopefully we will know something soon. The last x-ray showed her colon is healing good though so that is good news. I still do not see us going home anytime soon though. We did get some AWESOME news today... Our insurance is going to pay 100% of Alicia's hearing aid. It should be here Wednesday. I am so excited for her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Today she has her Biopsy so now is the hard part and the waiting game.


Now on to Normal news for Alicia...... As everyone knows nothing shocks e when it comes to her so I was not shocked when Alicia cut her hair the other day. YES she cut her hair. She got the scissors from my purse and cut herself some bangs. Leave it to her. She also embarrassed me the other day so so so bad. I had woke up and my monthly visitor had came ( LOL sorry men) anyway Alicia had came in and she thought I was hurt and she was so worried. Well we were in the elevator on our way down to go to the Hospital to get her labs drawn and there was an older lady in the elevator with us and Alicia went to telling her that we were going to the hospital to get a band aid cause mee-ma' butt was bleeding. I was soooooo embarrassed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


LEAVE IT TO ALICIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



4 comments:

Dianne said...

I am so happy to hear that Alicia will be getting the new hearing aid. Your story about Alicia in the elevator is so cute...she was just trying to take care of her Mee-Maw.:) Thinking of you guys, and appreciate the update. Dianne

Anonymous said...

Love that new pic!
Praying right now!
Psalms 36:5-7 Thy mercy, O LORD, is in the heavens; and thy faithfulness reacheth unto the clouds. Thy righteousness is like the great mountains; thy judgments are a great deep: O LORD, thou preservest man and beast. How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Charisse said...

Hahahahahahaha! I am sorry, Michelle, but I think what Alicia said to the lady in the lift is hilarious and I have a great big smile on my face!
Hehe....she cut her hair! Hehe. You are right that nothing shocks us now! Not after her flushing her line with some kind of lemonade! I think you have one very clever girl there!
I am sorry you were so embarrassed by Alicia's comment. I would have been very embarrassed as well. I am actually laughing....hahahehe. However, it would have been very embarrassing. I am glad things are going well. We will continue to pray for her bowel and bowel movements to not be so terrible! :-)
Love Charisse

Teresa said...

way to go Alicia! You embarrassed grandma...hehe! Oh, that's so funny! At least it was a lady and not a man... Can't help but laugh at the hair cut! She barely has any, and she still cuts it:-)

Hope the can get her tummy feeling better quickly.

Hugs, teresa