CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Friday, June 26, 2009

Date set for Surgery

Well once again I am sorry for the lack of updates, I spend most of my time on my back in bed if Alicia is not demanding my attention. I went and met with Dr Richards yesterday and the st date for the Surgery is on July 8th at 9am. I am still in a lot of pain since I ripped open but one of my very close friends Kim is changing the dressing twice a day and she is doing an awesome job. Every doc that has looked at my wound has commented on how well she id doing and how well the wound looks. It is not draining and has no infection which I owe all to Kim. Thank you so much girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is a Nurse by practice so that helps a lot also.


When I left the appointment yesterday once again I was worrying because there were days in between the surgery and when Erika would be here. Another one of my close friends, Amy, said she would stay with Alicia along with Tricia another friend of ours but once again Denise has came to my rescue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess she had already had it planned to be here for the Surgery and to stay with Alicia til Erika got here. My Sister is the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Denise, I promise to be a better patient this time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


My mom is still holding it all together back home so I can not forget to thank her. Mom you are awesome a have taken so much off my mind. I can't wait to be "Roomies" I also want to that Tina for everything once again and Dianne for being so much support and all of my FAmily for so many messages and words of encouragement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Alicia is doing great. She is loosing a lot of weight so they put her back on TPN which is an IV nutrition. She has all of her energy back and is being "Alicia"


Thank you so much for the prayers and support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

Dianne said...

Thanks for the update Michelle. As always, you guys are in our prayers. Love, John, Dianne and Michelle

Mary Ann Gormley said...

Dear Michelle,

Your update was good to read. I'm praying for both of you and will continue.

Your friends truly have been wonderful and that's a tribute to YOU because you are so caring and kind and you bring that out in others.

It's so fantastic that Denise us coming to stay with you when you have your surgery--she is such a great sis.

I'm glad your wound is healing so well and that is good news.

Take care of yourself ok and be assured that all of your FAmily is rooting for you and praying.

Soon both you and Alicia will both be healed.
Love,
Mary Ann

Charisse said...

Hi My love,
we will be praying for you as you go for your surgery and will remember the dates you have given. God is amazing and always seems to have everything under control. Praise the Lord for Denise and everyone else you mentioned!
Love you,
Charisse

Anonymous said...

Figured if something really bad was going on someone else would have updated. Still can't believe you split a gut! Hope the surgery goes well and that your recovery is much better this time around!
Praying right now!
Psalms 66:19-20 But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer. Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

Wanted to share these amazing words of comfort today. Praying!
Job 19:25-27 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Anonymous said...

True comfort comes from the Lord alone! Praying right now!
John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
Prayer Bears
My email address