CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Saturday, June 6, 2009

Michelle Surgery

*****UPDATE*****
Just dropped Denise off to Alicia.
We picked her up at the airport, went to see Michelle, and then took her to rmh to drop off her things, and finally she reached Alicia!
Michelle is doing ok. She is in a lot of pain, itchy and a little low on oxygen. So she had them change the pain meds while we were there and they gave her benedryl. She is being her normal Meemaw self and dying to get back to Alicia. They say if she walks and uses the restroom she can get out Monday. They removed a cyst that was on her ovary. It was fluid filled about 4 liters to be exact. They also removed a fibroid from her cervix. No cancer!!! They did say it had been growing for years! She has not been to the doctor for 23 years!!! Since she had Erika! For those of you that know me, you know what I said to her. She laughed and said I bet you are updating the site and telling them you have been all over me, I told her not yet! lol! I will update tomorrow or as I hear anything new.
Thank you so much for your prayers and support!
Krisstina for Michelle


Just spoke with Michelle and she is doing ok, very sore and tired. She said her phone was going off the wall, She asked me to update the site. Please remember that she needs to rest and as soon as we know something new she or I will update as soon as possible. She really just needs to rest today.
Thank you so much for your concern and prayers she really appreciated all of it. I am sure in a couple days with prayer and rest she will be up to talking more.
Thanks again.
Krisstina


Michelle is out of surgery and doing well. I will update more as I hear. I will be picking her sister up at the airport about 9 pm and we will be going up there at that time. Last night Michelle was telling her family to just wait but her sister called and she decided to come. I got the flight booked and she will be taking care of Alicia while Michelle is down. The incision they made is said to be very big, so she will be down for a little while. Keep praying this family is going through so much right now!
Thanks for checking in.
Krisstina

URGENT NEED FOR PRAYERS!!!!
As we speak Michelle is in surgery. Please pray all goes well.
yesterday late afternoon Michelle was in an enormous amount of pain and eventually went to the hospital ER. They did some tests and found a 27" cyst on her ovary, they are removing it now. I will update when I know more.
Krisstina

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh dear! Thank you for letting us know, Krisstina. Sending lots of love and hugs. Waiting to hear more...

Mary Ann Gormley said...

Oh Michelle, I am so very sorry to hear what your problem was and that you had to have surgery. You and Alicia have had more than your share of problems and suffering. I pray that God will relieve both and return you both to good health.
Love,
Mary Ann

Charisse said...

Dearest Michelle,
I am very sorry to hear about you being in pain and needing surgery. We are glad you are out and safe but are still praying for you heaps.
Love Charisse

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!! You're not supposed to be doing things like this, Michelle! Am glad you're doing okay and thrilled that it wasn't cancer. But PLEASE behave yourself now and don't ever do anything like this again!
Stopping by to let you know that I'm here praying!
Psalms 50:15 And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Dianne said...

Michelle,
I am so glad the surgery went well. Please take the time you need to fully heal. I am so glad Denise is there, and Krisstina is a GOd-send. Thinking of you and praying for you...Love, Dianne