CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Monday, June 29, 2009

One week to go

I have not been feeling well at all the last couple of days. I am glad that the surgery is right around the corner so I can finally get it behind us, but I am also very very scared. My wound has been hurting a lot lately but Kim and Amy, my close friends here at the RMH both say it is looking very good. I have been sleeping a lot lately.

Denise will be here a week from today so that will help me out a lot. Erika will be here on the 12th and I can not wait. I miss Erika a whole lot. My Mom has been taking care of things back at my apartment and I am so greatful to her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


My FAmily has given so many words of encouragement and I do not know what I would do without them. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't forget my friends outside of my FAmily because they have been a huge support also!!!!!!!!!!!!


Alicia is doing fine. She has a check up with Dr Davies tomorrow. She seems to be gaining weight since she has been on TPN, and her stools seem to be improving a small amount. Alicia is not liking the idea of having to go to the hospital when I do. She doesn't understand why she has to go if she is not sick. She keeps saying she don't want to go and she is scared, but once I tell her Ne Ne will be with her she says ok. I just hope it isn't for long.


Once again thank you for so much support and prayers. I will update more when I am feeling a little better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! You'll be on the other side in no time!
Continuing to lift up prayers for you!
John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Dianne said...

Hang in there Michelle! Thinking of you. Love, Dianne