CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Thursday, June 11, 2009

Michelle and Alica


We saw Michelle today She looks good.

We had to take a test back to the hospital for Jacy. So We picked up Denise (Michelle's twin) and took her to Walgreens to get Michelle's medication. She is doing well. She is still in a lot of pain, but moving around. Her staples are ready to come out tomorrow. She had an appointment Wed. and they did cultures to make sure the site is clear. She should know the results from pathology tomorrow.

Alicia has a GI biopsy tomorrow as well. I will update when I hear from their appointments.

Below is a link to a news story from when the Bengals visited the RMH the other day.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/presence-felt/9e366f62-58f9-40ee-9b9d-835bc35ccc23
The photo above is from today! Keith got rained out around three and text me he was on the way home. I told him I was at RMH with Michelle. Alica kept asking me to bring her a cell phone and pizza lunchables. I said this weekend and she said no now. So to get her off my back I called Keith and let her talk to him. Next thing I know Keith was coming to RMH. She kept telling him she wanted a cell and lunchable, now so he thought she was saying come here now. When she is on the phone you can not understand her very well. She sure has him trained. Here he came to play. He took her down to the playground while Michelle and I visited.

Thanks for stopping in to check on us!
Krisstina

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Sending lots of love and prayers!! Dianne

Anonymous said...

Getting the staples out will help a lot! Those things are evil!
Always here praying!
Psalms 18:1-2 I will love thee, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Charisse said...

Thanks for updating us. I am glad that Michelle is healing well and the staples will come out soon. We are still praying for everyone's recovery :-)
Love Charisse