CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Friday, June 12, 2009

Michelle results

*****UPDATE******
I just hung up with Michelle and she said her head is just spinning. She said she thought she'd be better tomorrow. She has been unable to update because she has been in pain and not getting around well. She said she may try tomorrow. The cancer is on the cervix. They have no idea what stage or where it has spread or even if it has. They did say they thought she has had it for awhile. She is so unsure of what she is going to do and how to go about care with Alicia, so please pray god leads her in the right path. She has a follow up appointment on Monday.

Her sister, Denise is leaving tomorrow because she has had some medical issues of her own and needs to get back home for treatment.

As for Alicia, she is doing well and tehy did a scope today to check for gvh in the GI tract and DID NOT FIND ANY!!!! YEAH!!

Thank you all so much for the encouraging words and prayers!

Krisstina

This is a very difficult update for me to make. Michelle had her followup this morning and was informed she has cancer. I have no idea where, what stage, or how much. Alicia is having a scope this afternoon for GI so I will update with all the information I have tonight! I hate to leave this hanging but Michelle asked me to ask for prayers! She really is distraught and I have only spoken with her by text. Please respect her privacy during this time and leave her messages on here or email. She is in a place right now where she is not ready to speak with anyone.


Thank You so MUCH!!!!
Krisstina

7 comments:

Elias! said...

We will be praying for you all.

Teresa said...

Just want you to know i"ve been thinking of you all day. I can't imagine what you are going through right now! My heart breaks for you. Please call if you ever need to chat. I can email you my phone number if you'd like. Just let me know. I hope you find out good news...such as the cancer has suddenly disappeared. Keep us posted. We're here for you. Just ask, and we'll do what we can to help!

Love,
Teresa

Charisse said...

Hello Michelle,
I am so very sorry to hear of your news. Michelle, we have been praying for both you and Alicia at prayer meeting. I know that right now you would be in a "dark place" with this shocking news. I completely understand that you would have many questions and you probably don't feel like talking to anyone.
Alan and I will be praying specifically for you. Specifically for the miracle of Jesus' hand to touch you, cover you and comfort you. We will be praying for you in prayer meeting as well.
If you need to share or just talk, I know that the phone is too hard with us being overseas, but you have my email. (((HUGS))). I completely understand if you don't want to email my love. I am here if you need.
(((HUGS)))
Lots of love,
Charisse

Dianne said...

Michelle,
Thinking of you, and PRAYING! Please know that John, Michelle and I are here to help you in any way we can. WITH LOVE, Dianne

Unknown said...

Michelle,

I am so so sad to hear this news. I echo the posts of others that I am hear if you ever want to talk, but I can completely understand that you don't want to right now. I can only guess how overwhelming this must be.

I hope that you have good drs there taking care of you, giving you the information you need to make whatever decisions you will need to make. I'm sorry that Denise has medical issues going on, too, right now, both for her sake and for yours!

I am wishing you the clarity you need to make the choices you need to make, the strength you need to get through this mountain, and the peace you need to stay grounded in what must feel like a tornado.

hugs,
rachel

Anonymous said...

I just couldn't believe the words that I was reading! Oh Michelle! You know I'm praying so very hard!!!!!!!!!!!
Psalms 18:4-6 The sorrows of death compassed me, and the floods of ungodly men made me afraid. The sorrows of hell compassed me about: the snares of death prevented me. In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.
Prayer Bears
My email address

Charisse said...

I am really glad that Alicia's scope showed nothing.
My dear Michelle, this is a real tough time. I can tell you that when you are in the "dark moment" it is hard to work out anything. Your head will spin and things will feel like they are going ten thousand miles an hour. Just remember that story in the Bible when the disciples were on the boat. A huge storm came up and they thought they were going to sink and die. Jesus was there and when they woke Him, He got up and stilled the wind and the waves. I know it is hard to visualise calm when we are in the midst of the storm. I know that too well. However, while that storm was raging, Jesus was still there and He still was IN control, never OUT of control. Eventually He stilled the storm. Circumstance in our lives can create storms and we feel that we will sink and die over so many things but Jesus is still there with us. Trust in Him and He will still that storm in our heart, minds and physically. The reality of cancer is not a storm that is made up but is very real. We have been praying for you. Jesus is still there and in control. I know that we have heaps of questions as to why this has happened but one thing you can rest easy about is that Jesus is with you. I HAVE to tell myself that when I see pre-leukaemic changes in my marrow, platelets low and hear the prognosis of FA....Jesus is with me and He does calm the storm.
You will work out the fine details of how to keep Alicia safe and fine and you safe and fine.
Love Charisse