CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Sunday, July 6, 2008

DAY +17

WE JUST GOT AWESOME NES FROM THE DOCTOR THIS MORNING. HE SAID THAT ALICIA HAS DONE A REMARKABLE TURN AROUND WITH HER RECOVERY!!!!!! SHE WILL GET OUT OF THE ROOM TODAY AND WALK THE HALLS TODAY, HER ANC WAS AT 720 THIS MORNING!!!!!!!! AND HER WBC WAS AT 1.2!!!!!!!

NOW THE GOAL IS TO WEIN HER OFF OF SOME OF THE MEDS THAT ARE IV AND SWITH SOME TO ORAL SO WE CAN BREAK OUT OF HERE AND GO TO THE RMH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YESTERDAY THEY TOOK HER OFF OF ONE ANTI-BIOTIC, AND TODAY THEY ARE TAKING HER OFF OF TPN WHICH SHOULD LEVEL OUT HER GLUCOSE LEVEL AND THEY ARE WEINING HER OFF THE PAIN MED STARTING TODAY ALSO AND SWITCHING ONE OF HER MEDS FROM IV TO THE TUBE!!!!!

WE ARE SO EXCITED. I HOPE WHEN THEY DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR AND ALICIA IS BY MY SIDE THIS AFTERNOON THAT WE DON'T JUST KEEP MOVING TOWARD THE ELEVATOR AND OUT THE FRONT DOOR. ALICIA IS SO HAPPY TO GET TO LEAVE THE ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOMORROW I PROMISE TO POST PICTURES OF HER IN THE HALL. WISH US LUCK.

6 comments:

Teresa said...

That is SO EXCITING!!!!!! I can't believe how well she is doing. That is amazing!

Hugs,
The Cliftons

Anonymous said...

It is so wonderful that Alicia is doing so well. I can't wait to see photos of her walking out in the hall!!! Love, Dianne

Charisse said...

Great! This is wonderful! I am REALLY excited!
Praise the Lord.
Love ya,
Charisse

Anonymous said...

You go girl!!!!!!

love,
rachel

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news!!!!!!! Keep up the great work, Alicia!!!!!!!!!!!

We sang this hymn in church this morning and I wanted to share it. Am still here praying!
"My Hope is Built on Nothing Less"
by Edward Mote, 1797-1874

1. My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus' name.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

2. When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale
My anchor holds within the veil.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

3. His oath, His covenant, and blood
Support me in the whelming flood;
When every earthly prop gives way,
He then is all my Hope and Stay.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

4. When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found,
Clothed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne!
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.

Anonymous said...

Whooooo hoooooo!
Great news! I know someone that is so excited!!!
Blessings and Big Ole Bear Hugs!