CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Wednesday, July 16, 2008

DAY +27

ALICIA HAD A VERY ROUGH NIGHT LAST NIGHT. PLEASE KEEP HER IN YOUR PRAYERS. I AM SO WORRIED FOR HER!!!!!!!!!!!! SHE BROKE THE FEVER FOR A SHORT WHILE YESTERDAY AND EVEN ATE SOME SOUP BUT HER FEVER CAME BACK AND NOW THIS MORNING IT IS ALL THE WAY UP TO 103.4. I AM SO SCARED I JUST WISH THEY WOULD FIGURE OUT WHY IT IS SO HIGH. THEY ARE GETTING READY TO WRAP HER IN COOLING BLANKETS. I WILL UPDATE LATER THIS AFTERNOON WHEN I FIND OUT ANYMORE NEWS. PLEASE PRAY FOR ALICIA, I AM SOOOOOOOO SCARED RIGHT NOW.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ms Alicia!

You tell that fever to go to Never-to-return-land! You have places to go, things to do and people to see!!! Huggers!

Michelle, hang in there and know we are praying!

Blessings and Bear Hugs,

Charisse said...

Praying for her Michelle,
Love you,
Charisse

Anonymous said...

You are in my thoughts and prayers! Dianne

Unknown said...

HEY MAMA I WOULD SUGGEST THAT YOU KEEP MY BABY THERE 4EVER. I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER KNOEING THAT SHE IS OK THERE THEN NOT OK AT RMH. I WANT HER TO BE SUPERVISED AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. I LOVE THE BOTH OF YOU AND ALICIA I WISH THE BEST FOR YOU TO GET BETTER SOON. I WILL BE THERE SOON TO. LOVE YOU GUYS AND ILL TALK TO YOU LATER.

Teresa said...

Hugs to you Michelle & Erica & Alicia...so much worry and stress with transplants! I hope they can figure out what is wrong and figure it out quickly. I also hope it's something easily fixable. Hang in there. You've been in our thoughts and prayers.

Love,
The Clifton's

Anonymous said...

Alicia and Mee-ma,
The FA doctors are the best there and will figure out what bad bugs are causing you to slow down. Soon you'll be riding that Dora bike up and down the hallway again.
Big hugs and prayers,
Mary Ann Fiaschetti

Anonymous said...

Praying so that she's better now!
These words always amaze me. Chronologically they're some of the first words of Scripture ever written. Praying that they offer you comfort and hope.
Job 19:25-27 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me.
Prayer Bears

Teresa said...

Just checking in and hoping things are improving. We've been thinking and worried and praying for you guys.

Love,
The Clifton's