CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Thursday, July 17, 2008

DAY +28 UPDATE

AFTER ROUNDS THE DOCTORS ARE ALMOST SURE IT IS GVH. THEY HAVE STARTED HER BACK ON IV STEROIDS. THEY SAID THE ORAL ONES ARE JUST GOING OUT THE BACK DOOR :) MY BABY HAS NOT ATE IN ALMOST 40 HOURS SO I HOPE THEY GET THIS UNDER CONTROL SOON. PLEASE KEEP PRAYING FOR HER AND I WILL UPDATE MORE AS I FIND ANY NEWS OUT

7 comments:

Teresa said...

ugh...GVHD. I hope it's a mild version of it. Will they be able to tell you what stage it is (or however it is that they rank it)? That's awful. I hope and pray that they can get it under control and to go away soon. Hang in there Michelle. Hugs to you! I can't imagine how stressed you all are.

Anonymous said...

Am storming heaven for you and Alicia. I'm very sorry to hear that the little one has GVHD and hope that the meds will be VERY EFFECTIVE in stopping it from progressing further and stop it. Please don't give up hope...Alicia is being prayed for constantly and all the good people who pray for you and Alicia surely will be heard. Faith can move mountains!
Sending a big hug to Alicia and to you,
Mary Ann

Anonymous said...

I just can't belive it's GVHD. I am so sorry and wish WE could take this away from her, but WE can't. BUT God can! and he will, I truely belive that. I am praying for her and you too Michelle. I know God can hear all of us who are praying for her. I can inagine how scared and helpless you must feel right now. But remember you are now alone we are all here for you. If you need to talk day or night just call me. All my love to you and Alicia.

(((BIG HUGS)))

Lori

Anonymous said...

May you find comfort in the Word. Praying so very right now!
Psalms 119:49-50 Remember the word unto thy servant, upon which thou hast caused me to hope. This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me.
Prayer Bears

Charisse said...

Hello Michelle,
I am really sorry to hear that Alicia has GVHD. Will she be having a scope to confirm that and see what stage it is?
I do know that GVHD can make the person feel so off. We are praying for her and are praying that this GVHD will go away completely and quickly. I know that GVHD is something that we all worry about in a transplant. From you previous post, I know you are feeling worried and stressed for Alicia!
I love you heaps and we are praying.
Charisse

Anonymous said...

Oh, that makes me so sad. Your heart has been on such an emotional rollercoaster. One minute you think you're on your way to RMH and now your facing GVHD. You are in our thoughts, you can do this. I'm so glad you will have company to help deal with this all.

Anonymous said...

Sending LOTS of love and prayers your way. Dianne