CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Tuesday, July 29, 2008

RESULTS

FINALLY I GOT SOME ANSWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HOPE THIS MAKES SINCE HOW I EXPLAIN IT BECAUSE THIS IS HOW I UNDERSTOOD WHAT WAS TOLD TO ME. I COULD HAVE A LITTLE WRONG BUT I HAVE ALOT GOING THROUGH MY MIND AND I AM SURE I WILL HAVE A MILLION QUESTIONS TOMMORROW BUT ALL I KNOW IS THAT MY BABY DOES NOT HAVE AN INFECTION IN HER BRAIN OR ANY TYPE OF BLEEDING OR GVH PROBLEMS IN HER BRAIN.

DR. DAVIES CAME IN A LITTLE WHILE AGO WITH WHAT I CONSIDER GOOD NEWS. THE MRI SHOWED THAT WHAT WAS HAPPENING WITH ALICIA HAD TO DO WITH A MEDICATION SHE IS ON CALLED CYCLOSPORIN, IT IS USED TO SUPRESS THE IMMUNE SYSTEM AND ALSO HELPS FIGHT THE GVH. THE MRI SHOWED WHAT DR DAVIS CALLED A "PRESS" IN THE BACK OF HER BRAIN. HOW SHE EXPLAINED IT TO ME WAS ALICIA'S LEVELS OF THIS DRUG WAS HIGHLY ELEVATED WHICH CAUSED THE PRESS WHICH CAUSED THE SIEZURES.

THEY STOPPED THE CYCLOSPORIN YESTERDAY AND SAID THAT AS SOON AS THE LEVEL GETS BELOW 200 THAT SHE WILL PUT HER ON WHAT SHE SAID IS A COUSIN OF CYCLSPORIN CALLED FK506 WHICH IS ALSO AN IMUNE SUPRESSMENT.

SHE SAID THE PRESS ON HER BRAIN SHOULD GO AWAY WITH SINCE THE CYCLOSPORIN IS REMOVED. SHE SAID SHE WILL HAVE ALICIA ON THE DILANTEN (SEIZURE MEDICINE) FOR AS LONG AS SHE IS ON FK506 OR RETURNS TO CYCLOSPORIN. SHE SAID THE PRESS IS VERY MUCH REVERSABLE AND TREATABLE.

I WAS SO RELIEVED. I KNOW I WILL ACTUALLY GET SOME REST TONIGHT. ALICIA IS ACTING A LITTLE LIKE HERSELF AGAIN. SHE ASKED AGAIN FOR CHICKEN NUGGETS, AND I MET A FRIEND HERE NAMED REID AND SHE TOOK ME TO GET HER SOME. RIGHT NOW I WOULD GIVE ALICIA THE WORLD IF SHE ASKED FOR IT. I WOULD EVEN CATCH THE CHICKEN, PLUCK IT, AND MAKE IT INTO NUGGETS IF SHE WANTED ME TO.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR SO MANY PRAYERS THAT WERE SAID FOR HER IN THE PAST THREE DAYS. THE LORD HEARD THEM ALL AND HE TOUCHED ALICIA IN VERY MANY WAYS. MY BABY IS GOING TO BE OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

YYYAAAAYYYY!!!! I've been checking and checking. I'm so happy. Keep a lookout for Alicia's package ;0)

Judy said...

I am praying for you all, and will continue praying for you and all FA families and patients out there. Thank the Good Lord that Alicia is going to be okay.

Charisse said...

That is WONDERFUL news! Praise the Lord! I am very relieved to hear she will be ok. I know you are super relieved. Praise the Lord!
Love ya,
Charisse

Anonymous said...

YES!! We have been praying all day and are thrilled with the great news. Continuing to send lots of love and prayers! Dianne, John and Michelle

(It took us an hour this morning to get a internet connection for all of two seconds and it was gone. Tonight we tried for a half hour, and right now I am outside in front of the resort office in the middle of the night, next to the 24 self serve pump. No one is around, no cars....it is truly the frontier area. Was finally able to get an internet connection!!)

Anonymous said...

Trust in the Lord and His grace! Continuing to pray hard!
Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Prayer Bears

Anonymous said...

Great news! God is so good! Little Ms Fireball and those chicken nuggets! We love it!

Blessings and Big Bear Hugs,

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear the Good News! Praise the Lord ! I will continue to pray for Alicia and the family. Hang in there Michelle you are doing a GREAT Job

Anonymous said...

HURRAY!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you, God that Alicia is going to be alright.
Will keep up the prayers,
Love, Mary Ann

Karen BeTheChange said...

WooHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! What fantastic news! Thank you so much for keeping us updated. Hugs and peaceful sleep tonight.

Anonymous said...

Michelle,
Yippee and AMEN!!! So happy for the great news and you explained it beautifully.
Hugs and more prayers,
the Fiaschetti FAmily
Mary Ann, David, Joey & Peter

Anonymous said...

i prayed so much for our lil girl and i'm gald to hear that everythang is lookin good. Dirty Josh send s his love and prayers also

Anonymous said...

No update today....hope it's just that you couldn't get to a computer.
What a beautiful word picture: The Lord holding you by your right hand! Praying for comfort and peace whatever the future holds.
Psalms 73:23-26 Nevertheless I am continually with thee: thou hast holden me by my right hand. Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee. My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.
Prayer Bears