CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Saturday, July 12, 2008

YESTERDAY WAS A VERY LONG DAY FOR ME. ALICIA'S COUNTS HAD ME VERY WORRIED, WAITING UNTIL TODAY SEEMED LIKE FOREVER. I WAS SO SCARED THAT SOMETHING WAS NOT RIGHT WITH THE WAY HER COUNTS HAD DROPPED AND I EVEN WAS BEGINNING TO THINK THAT SHE WAS LOSING HER ENGRAFTMENT. I PROBABLY SLEPT ALL OF TWO HOURS LAST NIGHT, AND ALICIA'S TUMMY WAS HURTING ALOT LAST NIGHT ALSO SO SLEEP WAS JUST OUT OF THE QUESTION.

I EVEN STOPPED PACKING. I WAS THINKING I WAS RUSHING THINGS OR EVEN JINXING OURSELFS, SO I STOPPED PACKING AND LEFT EVERYTHIING AS IT WAS.

BUT GOD IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALICIA'S COUNTS CAME IN ABOUT 8:30 AND THEY WENT BACK UP SOME!!!!!!!!! HER NURSE WAS JUMPING UP AND DOWN, IT WAS WHAT I NEEDED TO HEAR. IT FELT LIKE 10000 BRICKS WERE LIFTED OFF MY SHOULDERS. HER ANC WENT TO 1.06 AND HER WBC WENT TO 1.6. I AM SO RELIEVED. I DIDN'T EVEN TELL ERIKA UNTIL THIS MORNING BECAUSE I DID NOT WANT HER TO WORRY UNTIL I WAS FOR SURE. SHE WAS A LITTLE UPSET THAT I KEPT IT FROM HER BUT SHE IS JUST GLAD SHE IS OK. ( SORRY ERIKA).

I STILL DIDN'T GET ANY PICTURES OF ALICIA ON THE BIKE. I WAS KINDA SCARED TO TAKE HER OUT OF HER ROOM YESTERDAY WITH THE WAY HER COUNTS DROPPED SO WE JUST STAYED IN THE ROOM AND PLAYED. THIS IS A PICTURE WHEN WE WERE HAVIG FUN WITH STICKERS................

AND THIS WAS ALICIA AFTER SHE FOUND HER GOOFY DOCTOR GLASS'S KEITH BOUGHT, SHE LOVES THEM GLASS'......................
WELL OFF FOR A MUCH NEEDED NAP NOW SO I CAN CONTINUE WITH THE PACKING I STOPPED YESTERDAY. PLEASE KEEP PRAYING FOR ALICIA'S COUNTS.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey baby. Im glad everything is ok. I cant wait until this is done and over with. Thank you mama for bein there, Your the best. Tell alicia I love her and Ill be there really soon. Keep up the good work alicia your the best. I love you both.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there...thinking of you. Dianne

Teresa said...

Thanks GOODNESS!!! I was feeling really worried like you (well, probably not really like you since your the grandma!). What a relief that her counts have gone back up. I hope they continue to do that and don't cause worry anymore.

I hoep she's feeling better too.

I love the photos;-) Those are too cute/funny!

Hugs,
The Clifton's
PS: Emma was SO excited when I told her that Alicia got her drawing of the cat in the mail. She squealed and told Tyler about it all. She was SO excited. I think she thinks mail is pretty amazing...hehe.

Anonymous said...

Guess that's a good thing about a bald head...all the easier to put stickers on it!
Keep your eyes on the Lord whatever the future holds. Praying as always!
Romans 15:13 Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost.