CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Friday, July 18, 2008

I WANT TO SHARE THIS POEM

I JUST RECIEVED A COMMENT FROM A VERY NICE PERSON WHO LEFT THIS POEM FOR US AND I AM STILL BAWLING LIKE A BABY. THIS TRUELY MADE MY DAY... I WANT TO THANK THIS PERSON VERY MUCH.


One night I dreamed of walking along the shores of different lands.
I could tell that You were with me by the footprints in the sand.
As I gazed upon the heavens, I saw pages of my life.
It was then I realized that You remained there by my side.
When the clouds began to gather and the rains came falling down,I looked to only find one set of footprints on the ground.
I said, "Lord, why did You leave me in the troubled times of life?
I believed that You would always walk beside me day and night."
(Then I heard:)"My precious child, I'd never leave you.
I have carved you on the hollow of My hand.
It's then I carried you in My arms,When you see one set of footprints in the sand
"Dear Lord, will You be with me as I travel through the years?
Will You be there in the struggles? Will You wipe away the tears?
As my eyes turn toward the ocean and the shores of distant lands,
I'm still thinking of the single set of footprints in the sand.
(I heard Him say:)"My precious child, I'd never leave you.
I have carved you on the hollow of My hand.
It's then I carried you in My arms,When you see one set of footprints in the sand."

TODAY'S POST IS JUST UNDER THIS...............

4 comments:

Teresa said...

That is such a beautiful poem. I have it hanging on my wall. It's one of my favorites. It's so true...

Anonymous said...

Sending LOTS of love and prayers your way. Dianne

Anonymous said...

hi its me again the person that posted that and youre welcome i love that poem so much and i understand it so much for my age (which is 13) i have been praying for alicia and hopefully god will answer my prayers , my prayers from on little person to another i really hope she gets better i keep worrying about her and you michelle but anyways im kind of tired so im going to bed i will check on her again tomorrow and hope and pray that she gets better
lots of prayers and hopes for you,
Carrianne Burris

Charisse said...

Michelle,
that is a lovely poem. Alan and I had it hanging on our wall at our old house for years. I wonder where it is now that we have moved. Somewhere....somewhere safe. The poem is SO true.
Love Charisse