CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Friday, July 11, 2008

DAY +22

OK. OK, NO PICTURES OF HER RIDING THE BIKE AGAIN. (SORRY LYNN.) I WAS READY THOUGH, I HAD THE MEMORY CARD IN PLACE AND READY TO TAKE PICTURES BUT WHEN IT WAS TIME FOR US TO TAKE A BIKE RIDE ALICIA SAID HER TUMMY WAS HURTING AND DID NOT WANT TO GO. :( SO I GUESS TONIGHT WILL ACTUALLY BE THE THIRD TIME AS LONG AS SHE IS FEELING UP TO IT.

HER COUNTS DROPPED AGAIN TODAY. I AM WORRIED JUST A LITTLE, THE DOCTORS ACTUALLY SEEMED A LITTLE WORRIED TODAY ALSO. THEY WANT TO WAIT UNTIL THEY SEE THE COUNTS TOMORROW BEFORE THEY CHANGE ANYTHING, BUT I WAS TOLD ALSO THAT IF HER COUNTS DROP AGAIN TOMORROW THAT WE WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO LEAVE MONDAY TIL THEY FOUND OUT WHY THEY ARE DROPPING. I SOOOO HOPE THEY START GOING BACK UP.

HER ANC WENT DOWN TO .68 AND WBC TO 1.0. HER PLATELETS ARE STILL OK AT 77,000 AND HBG IS GREAT AT 11.3. SO PLEASE PRAY THAT HER ANC AND WBC GO BACK MOVING UP AND NOT DOWN!!!!

SHE ALSO WAS COMPLAINING A LITTLE YESTEDAY THAT HER TUMMY WAS HURTING. I CHANGED A LOT OF DIAPERS SO I CAN BELIEVE IT HAD TO BE HURTING. THEY TOOK STOOL SAMPLES FINALLY AFTER THROWING AWAY SIX DIAPERS NOT PAYING ATTENTION, SO HOPEFULLY WE WILL HAVE SOME NEWS SOON. I THINK IT IS JUST BECAUSE SHE WENT FROM EATING NOTHING TO EATING LIKE A HORSE. I JUST HOPE IT ISN'T ANY VIRUS.

I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE AGAIN FOR ALL OF THE SUPPORT I HAVE GOTTEN. I NEVER KNEW HOW IMPORTANT IT WAS TO KNOW THAT THERE ARE PEOPLE THINKING ABOUT YOU ALL THE TIME. THANKS DONNA, KAYLA, CANDACE, TINA , LORI, DIANNE AND MARYANN FOR THE PHONE CALLS AND SUPPORT. I SOOOOO NEEDED THAT.

SEE YOU SOON DENISE, CASSIE AND ERIKA.

3 comments:

Charisse said...

Praying that the counts go back up and that you don't need to worry my love. We have been praying for Alicia and you at our weekly prayer meeting here in Australia. We love you,
Love Charisse

Anonymous said...

Ah well, maybe tomorrow! So sorry that it's because Alicia wasn't feeling well.
Know that I'm here praying right now!
Psalms 18:1-3a I will love thee, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised...

Anonymous said...

I am praying for the counts to go up, up, up!!!! I miss both of you and will call soon. All of my love to you both, keep the faith and know how many people out here are praying for you.

Love Lori