CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

ALICIA'S JOURNEY WITH FA

Welcome to our blog where we try to keep family & friends updated on our daughter/granddaughter, Alicia, who is one of the most adorable five year olds ever! She was born with a very rare & aggressive disease, called Fanconi anemia, which causes bone marrow failure, as well as different cancers . She is currently undergoing a bone marrow transplant to try to cure her bone marrow issues. If you'd like to gain a little more background, please visit our first entry HERE.



Saturday, July 19, 2008

UPDATE

I KNOW THIS IS FAST BUT AFTER I POSTED JUST A FEW MINUTES AGO, I WENT TO THE RESTROOM AND THE DOCTOR STOPPED ME AND RESULTS ALREADY CAME BACK AND IT IS CONFIRMED GVH OF THE GUT. THEY ARE STARTING MORE TREATMENT TODAY. I WILL UPDATE IF I FIND OUT ANY MORE...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the photo of Alicia in her special dress, she looks so pretty. I am glad that the docs will now be able to work on treatment to get the GVHD under control. Thinking of you! Dianne

Anonymous said...

im so glad that she is doing better and im also very glad that she now has the reasoning for he being sick found and that she can now get treatment to help that!
hoping still,
Carrianne Burris

Anonymous said...

Hope the treatment works quickly!
Was thinking a lot about these verses lately so thought I'd share them. Praying hard!
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Prayer Bears

Charisse said...

I am glad that the results have come through. Michelle, we will be praying that this GVHD is taken care of. I know it is scary. I wish I could do more....but I know I can pray and that the most powerful God, Jesus, will be listening. I always find that so comforting when I have needs....or just when I am living out every day a bit at a time.
Love you,
Charisse

Anonymous said...

Oh baby girl. I am so sad you have GVHD. Poor honey. No wonder you're having such intestional drama (that's what we call it here at our house ;0)

You look so beautiful in that dress and I think it is so funny that you talked that nurse into putting it on you when you knew you could get away with it. Who could ever refuse you?

Hang in there baby girl.